Haringey Community Impact Awards, 2016
What are the categories and criteria for the awards?
The Community Impact Awards will be given annually to grassroots community groups and voluntary organisations that have combined effective community service with innovative and sustainable practices to improve the lives of Haringey residents. Special consideration will be given to groups or organisations who have overcome limited resources and involved volunteers in the delivery of activities to address significant disadvantages.
The awards categories are:
- Improving the lives of children and young people in Haringey, 2016
- Improving the health and wellbeing of Haringey residents, 2016
- Improving the environment and community safety in Haringey, 2016
- Improving the skills and prosperity of Haringey residents, 2016
- Improving access to housing and inclusive communities for Haringey residents, 2016
- Haringey Young Hero (Volunteer) of the Year, 2016
- Haringey Hero (Volunteer) of the Year, 2016
- Voluntary and Community Sector Newcomer, 2016
- Haringey Voluntary and Community Organisation of the Year, 2016.
Award criteria are:
- High quality responsive service targeting unmet needs
- Innovative approaches to tackling community needs
- Anticipated impact for the Newcomer award
- Involving volunteers
- Outstanding efforts and selfless commitment to improving the life of the local community (for Volunteer of the Year nomination).
Who can be nominated?
- A voluntary organisation or community group that is formally or informally constituted
- The organisation or group must be based in Haringey
- Beneficiaries of the group or organisation must be Haringey residents
- For the ‘Volunteer of the Year’, the nominee must be a Haringey resident and not paid for the role undertaken.
Who can make a nomination?
- The community group or voluntary organisation being nominated, giving details of two independent references
- Anyone or any organisation that has benefited from the work of the group or organisation.
Who will make the decisions?
The Community Impact Award selection panel for each award category consists of:
- Representative from voluntary and community organisations
- Priority Lead Officer from Haringey Council
- Local resident
How do I nominate?
Nominations for the Awards are now closed.
When will the winners be announced?
The winners of the awards will be announced during the presentation ceremony at the Voluntary and Community Sector Expo event on Friday 25 November 2016.